If you like pasta, you will love this dish! It uses pre-made pasta sauce, but add some extra spices and a little simmer time and you have a gourmet tasting week night meal! The next day, I added some sauteed zucchini and roasted tomatoes to the leftovers, and it was equally delicious.
Spicy Chicken Rigatoni
Adapted slightly to make less quantity… I didn’t really measure anything, so my measurements are approximate as usual 🙂
- 1-2 Tbsp EVOO
- 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste (I didn’t end up using any pepper)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 chicken breast, sliced
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup low-fat alfredo sauce
- 1/2 pound rigatoni noodles
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking, heat oil in a high-sided skillet. Add the red pepper flakes, garlic, and a little salt to the oil and let saute just until garlic starts to brown slightly and pepper flakes release their flavor. Add the chicken and cook about 3/4 of the way through.
- Stir in the marinara and alfredo sauces. Reduce heat and let sauce simmer / gently bubble until slightly thickened and chicken is cooked through. You might need to cover the pan halfway with the lid to avoid spattering.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, toss to coat, and serve. Top with parmesan cheese if desired.