Happy Tuesday! It definitely doesn’t look or feel like January around here. We actually went outside for a walk the other day! Very strange. Anyway, I’ve got two recipes to share. First up is the best broccoli you will ever eat. Really. I could easily eat an entire pan of this.
Based on recipe HERE, found via Pinterest
- 1 head fresh broccoli (I threw some cauliflower in, too)
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lemon
- Do not wash the broccoli (the heat of the oven will take care of any bad stuff). Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut broccoli into bite size florets.
- Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Spread broccoli in a single layer on cookie sheet, do not overcrowd. Use a second pan if you need to, as overcrowding will just cause the broccoli to steam instead of roast.
- Liberally drizzle EVOO on broccoli, and liberally season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Roast in oven 20-25 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender and starts to brown. Keep a close eye on it, and toss halfway through.
- Remove from oven and squeeze some lemon juice over it and toss with a handful of shaved parmesan. Serve immediately.
The second recipe of the day is a new (to me) twist on meatloaf.
Mozzarella and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Meatloaf
Recipe from HERE, found via Pinterest
I used turkey instead of chicken, and omitted the parsley and fennel seed. I also used fresh spinach and wilted it in the microwave for a minute. This meatloaf was very tasty, and it smelled like pizza while it was cooking!