I found this first “stuffed” recipe on Pinterest, of course. Basically, it’s a pizza-stuffed mushroom. Yes, please!
Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
“Pinspired” by this recipe
- Large button mushrooms, stemmed and cleaned with damp cloth
- Shredded mozzarella cheese, about 1/2 cup
- 1 egg, beaten
- A few green olives, chopped
- Turkey pepperoni, chopped
- Pizza sauce, a couple spoonfulls
- Place mushroom caps, stem side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees until mushrooms start sweating and getting soft.
- Meanwhile, mix cheese and egg together in a bowl.
- Remove mushrooms from oven and stuff with cheese mixture, a little pizza sauce, and toppings.
- Turn oven to broil and broil mushrooms until bubbly and browned.
This next “stuffed” recipe is another stuffed pepper. I never follow a recipe for these, so this one sort of morphed into a taco-stuffed version. These might be my favorite stuffed peppers to date.
Taco Stuffed Peppers
- 3 bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- seasonings such as garlic powder and cajun seasoning
- 1 package Taco flavored rice
- Salsa, about 1/2 cup
- Shredded cheddar cheese, about 1/2 – 3/4 cup
- Place peppers, cut side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 375 until peppers start to soften and release some moisture, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the Taco rice according to package directions, and saute the hamburger with desired seasonings.
- Once the rice is done, stir the hamburger and salsa in with the rice.
- Fill peppers with rice mixture and top with cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.