Happy Monday! Today is my only sister’s only 27th birthday, and it’s my only daughter’s only 6 month birthday! Ok, the word ‘only’ no longer has any meaning. I have a couple snacky things to share. First, the best snack I’ve created in a long time: toasted cinnamon raisin english muffin with sharp white cheddar and sliced fuji apples…. SO GOOD.
This next thing, we totally had for dinner this weekend, but I consider it to be somewhat of a “snacky” thing. I loooove corn dogs and was surprised I never saw this idea anywhere or thought of it myself…. corndog muffins! Found it on Pinterest.
- Mix up one box Jiffy cornbread mix according to instructions on box
- Slice 3 (or more) bun-size, beef hot dogs and heat in microwave to take the chill off
- Pour batter into muffin cups (I recommend making 7-8 muffins instead of the usual 6 because the hot dogs will make the batter overflow otherwise)
- Evenly distribute hot dog pieces into muffin batter
- Bake until just barely set on top, serve with ketchup and mustard