Happy 11-11-11! I bet lots of weddings are happening today. Anywho, I just have a quick soup to share. I was kind of surprised to see that this was a Martha Stewart recipe, seeing as it’s made of like 99% canned / pre-made items. It was ok for a quick week night meal. It definitely needs some heat and cheese on top, though!
Tortilla Soup with Black Beans
Slightly modified from Martha Stewart
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips, plus more for topping
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Shredded cheddar cheese and hot sauce for topping
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add garlic and chili powder, cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add beans, corn, tomatoes, broth, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Stir in tortilla chips and cook until softened. Stir in lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with cheese, hot sauce, more chips and lime wedges if desired.