Mmmmm, this salad was soooo good! The picture is terrible, but trust me, this is a must-make. The combination of sweet/salty, soft/crunchy, and warm/cold was just amazing. I also recommend making lots of the buttered almonds. They were the best part 🙂
Harvest Apple and Spinach Salad
Modified from Annie’s Eats <—–Click here if you want an actual recipe. I just threw our salads together and made a quick balsamic vinaigrette instead of the dressing Annie made. I’m sure you could find any number of recipes for balsamic vinaigrette, but I just made some with balsamic vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, extra-virgin olive oil and sesame seeds. I also added some chicken to make a heartier salad.
- Romaine lettuce (I like the added crunch.)
- Feta cheese
- Honeycrisp apple, chopped
- Slivered almonds + butter + sugar
- Chicken breast, diced and sauteed with seasonings
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Combine the almonds with about 1 Tbsp of butter in a small skillet. Cook until golden brown, stirring frequently. Add some sugar, a couple teaspoons, and stir to combine. I also added a pinch of salt. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Saute the chicken in the same pan with some olive oil and desired seasonings. I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, and grill seasoning.
- Assemble salads, top with balsamic vinaigrette or desired dressing.