I just have a quicky side dish to share today. I made this last night to have with our grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches and cantaloupe. Despite the terrible picture, this slaw tasted really yummy. I loved the flavor of the dressing and the crunch of the apples and almonds.
Crunchy Apple Slaw
Slightly adapted from Pennies on a Platter
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip Light
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice (approx the juice of 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 smallish head of green cabbage, shredded
- 1 pink lady apple, sliced into matchstick-type pieces
- 2 green onions, whites and most of greens, chopped
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup toasted chopped almonds
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- black pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together Miracle Whip, sugars, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Stir in the cabbage, apples, and green onions. Toss to thoroughly coat with dressing. Season with black pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Stir in the almonds and sesame seeds just before serving.