Happy Friday! Wayne requested beef stroganoff this week, which is one of his typical requests. It just so happened that I had this easy recipe saved in my stash, so I decided to give it a try. It was sooo easy to make, and using hamburger instead of steak saved a lot of time (and money!). We both loved it.
Simple Hamburger Stroganoff
Slightly adapted from this recipe
- 8-10 ounces medium-wide egg noodles (a little over half of the bag)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 packet dry brown gravy mix
- 1 pkg (8 oz) light cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 oz) light sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Cook the hamburger and mushrooms together in a large skillet until meat is done and liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Stir in the cream cheese and gravy mix. Work in the cream cheese until fully incorporated – it will take a minute or so.
- Stir in the sour cream, mushroom soup, and milk. Mix to combine and bring temp back up to a simmer.
- Add the pasta and stir to combine.