Good afternoon, sweeties. So I am officially 32 weeks pregnant today. Holy. Crap. I have been thinking about making some freezer meals to have on hand for after the big event. Last night, I made the first contribution to the stash…. mini meatloaves. They’re easy, they freeze well, and all we have to do is throw them into the oven and whip up a quick side dish.
I used THIS RECIPE, and doubled it… sort of. I ended up using two pounds of lean ground turkey. I forgot to add the rosemary, but I think they turned out just fine. I also divided the meat into six individual loaves instead of eight so we could have slightly larger portions. We ate two of them for dinner, then I wrapped the others in foil, put them in a freezer bag, and shoved them in the freezer!
For a quick side, I made a sweet potato black bean hash. It couldn’t be more simple:
Sweet Potato Black Bean Hash
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 medium red onion, chopped
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet over med-high heat. Add the potatoes and onion and cover the pan so the potatoes can steam a little and cook through. Stir occasionally.
- Once potatoes are tender, remove the lid and let potatoes/onions brown. Stir in the black beans and let them heat through. Season with salt and pepper.