Good morning! Today is our 2-year wedding anniversary. We’re going out to dinner tonight, and they better have good dessert! It feels kind of weird not to be making dinner at home, but I’ll get over it 😉 I wanted to share last night’s dinner with you. It was very, very tasty.
Jalapeno Cheddar Ranch Burgers
A WannaBe Chef original
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 packet dry ranch dip mix
- a couple dashes worchestershire sauce
- about 2 Tbsp finely minced jalapenos (the ones in the jar, not fresh)
- a chunk of sharp cheddar cheese, cut into teeny tiny cubes
- Mix all ingredients together and form into 4 patties
- Cook on stovetop or grill until desired degree of doneness is reached
- Serve on buns with favorite toppers
Cucumber Pineapple Salad
Recipe from Mayo Clinic
I followed the recipe exactly. I did add some toasted walnuts in addition to the sesame seeds. I really liked this salad, but it was quite vinegar-y. Next time, I would add some olive oil to the dressing to balance it out a little. I think the nuts and sesame seeds were a definite must to provide a little fat and “meatiness” to the salad. Feta would also be a good addition.