Hello, kiddies. So I have this book of recipes that all have 4 ingredients or less. I’ve had it since college, and I dug it out last weekend and found some things to make. Exciting, no?
Stuffed Yellow Squash
- 3 large yellow squashes
- 1/2 block (4 ounces) light cream cheese
- 1 box frozen spinach
- 1 packet French Onion Soup mix
- (I added a sprinkle of Panko bread crumbs too)
- Halve squashes lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place squash halves cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes until squashes are tender.
- In the meantime, cook spinach on stovetop according to package directions. Drain well and return to pan.
- Stir in the cream cheese and soup mix. Do not let cream cheese boil.
- Spoon mixture into squashes and top with a sprinkle of bread crumbs. Spray bread crumbs with cooking spray to help with browning.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or so until mixture is bubbly and bread crumbs are slightly browned.
***Just a note – next time, I would use only half or 2/3 of the package of soup mix, it was a little salty for my taste!
Spicy Chicken and Rice
- 2-3 chicken breasts, sliced and cooked
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased baking dish. Bake, covered, at 350 for 45 minutes. Remove cover during last 5-10 minutes.