Good afternoon, friends. This is gonna be short and sweet. Last night, I made a really yummy dinner… potato skins! They were heavenly.
- Small potatoes
- Broccoli, chopped small
- Turkey bacon, chopped small
- Onions, chopped small
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Wash the potatoes and poke them a few times with a knife. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet, then cover with foil to make a packet. Bake at 350 for 45 min – 1 hour depending on size of potatoes.
- Cut hot potatoes in half, lengthwise, and let cool long enough to handle.
- Carefully scoop out potato “insides” and set aside for another day. I used a metal teaspoon and scooped them out like you would a melon with a melon-baller. Does that make sense? haha
- Drizzle potato skins with olive oil and seasonings, place back in oven to crisp up a little. I turned up the heat to 375 at this point.
- Meanwhile, saute bacon, onions, broccoli and seasonings until crispy.
- Spoon bacon mixture into skins. Top with cheeses. Place back in oven or under broiler until cheese is melted and browned. Serve with special dipping sauce 😉
Combine sour cream, salsa, and Frank’s hot sauce. DEEEE-LICIOUS!