I haven’t been much of a chili fan since before being pregnant. This is probably because I had to make Wayne and his friend a pot of chili way back early in the pregnancy, and it was all I could do to not vomit into the pot while I was making it. Then the smell was in the apartment for what seemed like weeks afterwards. Well, here I am almost 22 weeks along, and I finally decided that chili would be tolerable again.
Turkey Black Bean Chili
Based on recipe >>>HERE<<<
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- splash of olive oil for sauteeing
- 1-2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, lightly drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- In a large soup pot, saute the turkey, onions and garlic in some olive oil until turkey is done.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer for 60 minutes or more.
This was soooo yummy! Even better with some Frank’s, cheese, and cornbread. Oh yeah, and how could I forget the chili cheese fries we had the next day?! Amaaaazing.