I’ve had this recipe saved for forever, but I’ve had a major aversion to beef since being pregnant, so it took me awhile to get the guts to make it. I still wasn’t all that excited about it, but I was pleasantly surprised after I tasted it. I mean, the idea of combining meatloaf and pizza is pretty smart, after all.
Recipe from HERE – I tweeked it a little
For the meatloaf “crust:”
- 1 pound lean gound beef
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs (I used Panko)
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder
- a few Tbsp of pizza sauce
For the toppings, I used:
- Pizza sauce
- Fresh mushrooms
- Green olives
- Fresh tomatoes
- Green peppers
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- More italian seasoning
- Combine meatloaf ingredients in a bowl. Line a pizza pan or baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Press the meat into a thin layer on top of the foil to make your “crust.”
- Spread meat “crust” with sauce and pizza toppings.
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes.
This was quite good, but next time I would up the seasonings in the meatloaf layer because it was a tad bland. I served my “pizza” with garlic bread (gotta have some carbs!) and it turned out to be a tasty meal. My one tip is to make sure you use the foil, or else you will have this cemented onto your pan!