Yeah, so it’s officially December 20th, what the heck? Only five days till Christmas, and only three days till we make the long drive back to MI again. Of course it’s supposed to snow here today and Thursday, so please send some safe-driving-weather-vibes our way! Anywho, I have an actual recipe for you today… if you want to call it a recipe. This is a dinner we ate last week, and in true pregnant lady fashion, it’s a one dish mish-mash-of-a-casserole-type-thing.
Beef BBQ Biscuits
Recipe from HERE but I changed some of the quantities and didn’t mess with the muffin tins…
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- approx 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- handful fresh, sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar (use more or less depending on sweetness of your BBQ sauce)
- 12 oz tube ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (I only used 8 of the 10 biscuits)
- Shredded cheddar cheese, approx 1/2 – 3/4 cup
- Cook the ground beef, onions, and mushrooms in a skillet. Stir in the BBQ sauce and set aside.
- Spray a 9×9″ baking dish with cooking spray. Slightly flatten the biscuits and press them into the pan. They don’t have to be perfect, and there will be some overlapping and gaps in between.
- Pour the meat mixture evenly over the biscuits. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 400 until biscuits are cooked through and have risen. I didn’t time it, but I’d say maybe 15 minutes?