Hoagie… isn’t that a strange word? Well, we had hoagies two nights ago for dinner. Wayne is out of town again (just overnight this time), and dinner last night was salad and fake chick’n nuggets. I thought you would all appreciate the hoagie a little more, so here it is – in all it’s yellow-lighted glory!
Chipotle Chicken Cheesesteaks
Clipped from a magazine – possible Cooking Light?
- 1-2 tsp finely minced chipotle in adobo
- extra virgin olive oil, for sauteing
- 12 ounces chicken breast, thinly sliced (I used one giant chicken breast – probably about 6-8 ounces)
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme (I omitted)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls (I made enough for 3 rolls)
- Saute the chicken in some EVOO until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Saute the peppers, onion, garlic, and thyme in some more EVOO until softened. Stir in the chipotle, salt, and chicken, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until melted. Divide mixture evenly over the hoagie rolls.