Well folks, it’s that time of year again. It’s time we say goodbye to dinners photographed in natural light 😦 I will apologize in advance for my future yellow-light bathed dinners. Onto the first one… These little puffs were pretty tasty. You could probably add any kind of pizza topping you wanted, and they would be a great football-watching snack.
Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
Clipped from a magazine… possibly Rachael Ray?
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni (I used turkey)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan
- In large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder, then whisk in the egg and milk. Stir in the cheese and pepperoni, let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir the batter again and divide among the mini-muffin cups (fill about 3/4 of the way). If using dry basil, sprinkle a pinch over each puff. Bake 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- If using fresh basil, sprinkle over hot puffs. Serve puffs with hot pizza sauce for dipping and red pepper strips on the side.