Good morning! Are you trying to figure out what to make for dinner tonight? I think you should make what I had last night because it was absolutely delicious!
Korean-Style Chicken or Pork Noodle Bowls
Recipe from Everyday with Rachael Ray, Sept 2010 issue
** I used more veggies, less noodles and less chicken
I really love Asian-style food, however, it does require a lot of ingredients sometimes. I highly recommend stocking your pantry with these things because they’re essential for dishes like this, and they do last a long time. I’m still using a bottle of sesame oil that I purchased literally years ago (TMI perhaps? haha). Here are some Asian-style pantry staples that I think everyone should have on hand.
- Rice wine vinegar
- Soy sauce (preferably low-sodium)
- Teriyaki sauce (low-sodium)
- Sesame oil (kind of pricey, but a little goes a long way, and it lasts forever!)
- Hot sauce (Sriracha – the bottle with the bright green top)
- Ginger (fresh ginger can be frozen and easily peeled/grated when needed)
- Smooth peanut butter and/or almond butter
- Hoisin sauce
- Cornstarch (to thicken sauces)
- Sesame seeds, peanuts, cashews for garnishing
With these lovely ingredients, you can make many Asian-style dinners. Here are some of my faves: