Happy Sunday, bloggies! I’m sitting at my mom’s with cats sleeping all around me and anxiously awaiting the season premier of Desperate Housewives. After a nice, long visit back home, we’re heading back to MN in the morning. I’ve had a great time seeing family, work friends, new babies, college friends, pets, and hanging out with my mommy. The two of us had a random shopping trip yesterday, and I purchased my first Halloween decorations! If you know my mom at all, you know she’s ob-freaking-sessed with Halloween, so it was only a matter of time before I started to catch the fever a little bit. Here’s mom’s main purchase yesterday…. a 6-foot tall skeleton she has named “Slim.”
Yeah, that’s right, she sat him up in the back seat of the car and welcomed all the strange looks! This morning, I saw a container of leftover pumpkin in the fridge and decided to make pumpkin pancakes (I halved the recipe)…. delicious and perfect on a cool fall day!
Dinner was also fantastic… we had grilled BBQ chicken, squash, broccoli, biscuits with honey, and twice-baked potatoes. It was quite the feast!
Those biscuits were waaay smaller than they look in the picture!
There’s really no recipe for the potatoes, but I’ll tell you how I made them.
- Potatoes – baked and halved, insides scooped out
- Light sour cream
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Broccoli – slightly cooked, chopped
- salt, pepper, garlic salt, dried parsley
- Mash potato insides with the rest of the ingredients, to taste
- Fill potato shells with mixture, top with more cheese
- Bake at 375 for awhile until cheese is melted and bubbly