Happy Saturday, lovelies. Wayne and I have done basically nothing today, and it’s great. We went to dinner at Wayne’s coworker’s house last night. We had the most amazing steaks, ratatouille, and potato croquettes. Fancy! And Wayne has a new best friend in their 6 year old son hahaha. Anyway, dinner time rolled around and I threw together this dish based on what I had in the fridge and freezer. Of course, I didn’t have any enchillada sauce, so I made my own. These turned out quite well and defintely were a good way to use up the veggies at the bottom of the veggie drawer!
Shrimp and Veggie Enchilladas
- 7-8 small, low-carb, whole wheat tortillas
- Approx. 1/2 pound shrimp
- Veggies – I had yellow bell peppers, zucchini, and red onions
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Enchillada sauce, canned or homemade (recipe follows)
- Saute veggies until softened, season as desired. Stir in shrimp and heat through. Add some cheese and a ladle of enchillada sauce.
- Spoon mixture into tortillas, roll, and place seam side down in a greased baking dish.
- Cover finished enchilladas with more sauce, cheese, and salsa (if desired).
- Bake at 350 until bubbly and heated through.
Red Enchillada Sauce
Based on recipe HERE
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
- 2 cups water
- Saute garlic in oil for a minute or so
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes
**You’ll have a lot of sauce leftover… stick it in the freezer for next time!