Hi, friends! Sorry to leave you hanging for two days, but a little thing called Twilight may have gotten in the way of blogging. If you read my last post, you know that Wayne and I rented Twilight and New Moon. And if you saw the ending of New Moon, you know why I caved and had to see Eclipse in the theatre last night. So there you have it, three days, three Twilight movies. I never thought I would be one of those people, but here I am. Everyone keeps saying the books are better, so maybe I need to get on the reading train. Aaaanyway! I will refrain from continuing my Twilight discussion and get into the food. Before the movie, I made Chicken Caesar Salad… like full-on, homemade style! If you’ve never done this, I recommend trying it at least once.
Chicken Caesar Salad
For the salad:
- Chicken breast, cut into strips and sauteed with seasonings of choice
- Romaine lettuce – the real stuff that you actually have to cut and wash
- Parmesan cheese – an actual wedge that you shave with a veggie peeler
- Hard boiled eggs – you will need 4 of the yolks for the dressing
- Bread of choice, cut or torn into pieces for croutons
For the dressing:
- 4 yolks from 4 hard boiled eggs
- 2 Tbsp or more of fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp light mayo
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 1.5 lemons)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 squirts of anchovy paste or 2 whole anchovy fillets
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, then add olive oil last
For the croutons:
- Place bread cubes on a foil-lined baking sheet, spray or drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bake at 375 for a few minutes until crunchy and lightly browned. You may need to flip them once.
The dressing does not taste like a bottled Caesar dressing. Mine came out pretty lemony, so you may want to add a little more oil or extra cheese to balance it out. I also added a little hot sauce, of course! Overall, the salad was very tasty! Definitely having leftovers for lunch today 🙂 Toodles for now.