Happy Memorial Day, loves! We’ve been having another low-key day hanging around the apartment. Wayne has been packing and preparing to leave me go on another business trip. His flight leaves at 7:05 AM tomorrow, and he doesn’t get back till Sunday evening! Booo. On the bright side, I have a lot of fun dinners planned for myself. They are all vegetarian except the day I’m having salmon. Anywho, tonight I whipped up some enchiladas per Wayne’s request. Recipe is approximate!
- 10 ounces extra-lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/3 large onion, diced small
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 small, wheat, low-carb tortillas
- light sour cream, cilantro, taco sauce, black olives for topping, if desired
- Saute the peppers, onion, and turkey until meat is cooked through. Stir in the taco seasoning, about 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce, and a splash of water.
- Roll approx. 1/4 cup of meat mixture and a sprinkle of cheese into each tortilla. Line up each enchilada, seam side down, in a pan coated with cooking spray.
- Top with any leftover meat mixture and the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.