Hello, my little muffins! Today I bring you breakfast, lunch, followed by an assortment of new goodies I bought (and don’t necessarily need), and dinner. Let’s jump in…
Breakfast was quick ‘n easy: 2 eggs, scrambled with spinach and 2 slices of extra lean turkey bacon; toasted sandwich thin w/margarine on the side.
Lunch, course 1 was a giant salad, composed of spinach, strawberries and parmesan cheese. The dressing I made had approx. 1-2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1/4 tsp agave nectar, squirt of dijon mustard, S&P, and 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil.
Lunch, course 2 was a Cookie Dough Luna Protein bar. I always feel so naughty eating these because they taste like candy bars 🙂
Then I decided I needed to go to SuperTarget for a “few” things. Yeah, right, who was I kidding?? Wellll…. about $70 later, I emerged with the “few” things I really needed along with a ton of fun, new things…
– Coconut extract: I saw it on clearance and decided I needed it. I’m thinking it would be excellent in a strawberry lime coconut smoothie. Any other ideas??
– Vanilla extract: I just needed more, so I got the big bottle since it was on sale 😉
– Parmesan & Herb seasoning: I picked this up solely because I had a coupon.
– Prepared ginger: I have always wanted to try this because peeling and grating the fresh stuff is a pain in the butt. Plus, I needed some for my dinner tonight…
– Vanilla Cranberry PB: I sent some to my mom in her Mother’s Day box, and she said it was good, so I thought I should try it too. After 20 minutes of trying to stir it (it was like a brick with oil on top…), I had a taste, and meh, first impression = just OK!
– Gummy vitamins: Bought these just because it’s more fun to eat 2 gummies than swallow a big pill!
– Blueberry Clif Bar: I’ve never seen these before, and they’re only 130 calories, so I picked one up.
– Chocolate Cherry Almond Luna Protein bars: I LOOOVE the cookie dough ones, and I’ve heard mixed reviews of this flavor in blogland, but decided I needed to see for myself! I’ll let you know what I think once I try one.
– Fruit bars: I freaking LOVE these bars! They are kind of like 20 fruit roll-ups compacted into a bar, then drizzled with magical white icing (yogurt). Best thing about them…. 65 calories each! They were on sale, so I snatched up the last 3 boxes 😉
Dinner was a little experiment with Shirataki noodles. Wayne had yet another work dinner, so I figured tonight would be the best night to try these. I found a recipe that I thought would work and got to it. I used most of the ingredients from the recipe HERE, the one called “Singapore Shirataki Noodles.” First, let me say that I really loved the flavors of the veggies and sauce in this recipe, and I might try it again sometime with real pasta. And when I say that, you can probably already guess that I did not like the “fake” noodles. You would be correct. Although I was able to look past the noodles’ pre-rinsed rotten fish smell, I was not able to look past their extremely odd texture. I’m not sure how to be nice about this, so I’m just going to say it… I HATED these noodles. The best way I can describe the texture is: rubbery and slippery. Like, when I went to chew them, they broke up and scattered all over my mouth… and I couldn’t chew them further because they just slipped and slimed around in my teeth. Wow, that is a really disgusting description, sorry! I couldn’t eat them. I picked out most of the veggies and had to throw the noodles out. It was pretty sad.
Then I heated up the last of my sweet potato gnocchi and called it dinner.
That’s all for tonight…. Biggest Loser is on!