Today has been a little rough, but the food must go on…
Recipe from “Healthy Cooking” magazine, Dec-Jan issue
1 lb. lean ground turkey or beef
1 large onion, chopped (I used half a red onion)
1 large green pepper, chopped (I omitted)
1 small red pepper, chopped (I used a big one)
1 pkg (8 oz.) fat-free cream cheese
1 tsp chili powder
1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce
6 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
1 cup shredded, reduced-fat cheddar cheese
– Preheat oven to 400
– Cook the turkey, onion, and peppers in a large skillet
– Stir in the cream cheese and chili powder
– Pour a little bit of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 13×9″ pan that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
– Place 2 of the tortillas on the bottom of the pan, then top with a little more sauce, 1/2 of the meat mixture, and 1/3 cup of cheese.
– Repeat this again. The top should be tortillas and cheese.
– Bake for about 20 minutes and let stand a couple minutes before cutting.
– Top with sour cream (I used plain greek yogurt), salsa, and cilantro if desired.