Today ends my fabulous four day weekend. I was quite productive today… cleaning, Craig’s Listing stuff, and food prepping. The holiday detox continues with some awesome meals today. Breakfast was a traditional oatmeal mess containing a Honeycrisp, almond butter, and flax meal. Lunch was this:
Not gonna lie, I was a little skeptical of the salad combination, but it was seriously the BEST salad ever. It consisted of romaine, Morningstar tomato basil pizza burger, leftover black-eyed peas, mozz cheese and Annie’s light honey mustard. Carrots and a clementine served as sideage.
Dinner was equally delicious, but a little more involved than a plate and microwave.
Vegetable Lo Mein
Recipe from the lovely Whole Foods
I have declined to type out the whole recipe, so click the link for details. I have, however, decided to try something new and guide you through the recipe in my own O.C.D. way… just because!
First, chop everything up and have everything ready to go, because the dish comes together really quickly once you get started.
1. Sautee the green onions, garlic, and ginger in 1 Tbsp canola oil for a minute or so.
2. Add the onions, celery, and carrots. Sautee for a couple minutes until softened.
3. Add the bean sprouts. Sautee for another minute or so. Remove the veggies from the pan and set aside.
4. Sautee the noodles in another 1 Tbsp canola oil until browned a little. Add the veggies back to the pan.
5. Pour in the hoisin/soy sauce mixture and toss to coat.
6. Top individual serving with cilantro (and more bean sprouts if you love ’em like me!)