I’ve seen variations of these “babies” all over the blogosphere… but mainly on Chocolate Covered Katie. Last night I got a wild hair and decided to throw some stuff into my mini food processor… and by “stuff,” I mean 3 ingredients haha. Unfortunately, I did no measuring (as usual), so I hesitated to post this…. buttttt of course I’m going to. I’ll do my best to estimate what I used in these!
Next time I’ll measure, promise :-)
Approx 1 cup whole almonds
Approx 12-15 whole, pitted dates
Squirt of maple syrup
– Grind up the almonds first, then remove and set aside
– Grind up the dates (this totally almost burned up my food processor… maybe because the dates were cold and hard??)
– Pour the almonds back in and grind together until you get a fine-ish consistency. Mine was a little dry, so I added a squirt of maple syrup, too.
– Roll into balls… you really have to smoosh them together to hold. Ooooor just use more dates and/or syrup to make them more moist.
– Store in fridge. DELICIOUS… and pretty much a homemade Larabar! Of course the combinations are endless… check out Chocolate Covered Katie for a tonnn of ideas (and actual recipes!)
Just for fun…. my dinner tonight… pretty good with barely any groceries!