How I love thee, Friday! Wayne and I usually go out to eat on Fridays, but since he broke his ankle, we’ve gotten into the habit of staying in. I wasn’t real excited about cooking tonight, but I also didn’t feel like going out (it’s cold!). I’m so glad I just sucked it up and made this yummy dinner!
Honey Balsamic Chicken Nuggets
Modified version of recipe seen on Loki’s Kitchen and other blogs that can be found there
3 chicken breasts, cut into nugget-sized pieces
approx. 1/4-1/3 cup honey (I just squeezed some into the dish…)
approx. 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (Again, I just poured some in…)
approx. 1 cup plain bread crumbs
– Mix honey and vinegar together thoroughly in a shallow dish, it’ll take a minute to come together
– Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish
– Dredge chicken pieces in honey mixture then coat in bread crumbs
– Place nuggets on foil-lined, greased baking sheet
– Bake at 400 for about 20-25 minutes or until cooked through
– Serve with your favorite dipping sauces (BBQ and ranch for me, please!)
The verdict: I swear everytime I try to bread something and bake it in the oven, it never gets crispy and always has a soggy bottom. I loooved these nuggets because they got crunchy, even on the bottom! These were so simple and flavorful, I’m sure I’ll be making them again.